Si, Habla Español

Today, Ogletree Law Firm P.A., has grown to a law firm with clients ranging from large corporations to individuals, and legal matters from complex litigation to real estate transactions.  We offer services in a broad range of areas including litigation, real estate closings, title agent services, immigration matters, corporate matters, commercial and civil litigation, personal injury, workers compensation and criminal defense.  One of the greatest benefits Ogletree Law Firm offers its clients is our dedication to quality, understanding of the law, trust and respect. Through our experience and the broad range of services that we provide, we are able to offer our clients access to the resources of a large firm with the personal attention of a local firm.


The Ogletree Law Firm, P.A. represents a wide variety of clients in Mississippi real estate matters.

Whether you are a home buyer or seller, or a mortgage lender, our office has the experience to represent you in your transaction.  As a dedicated “real estate law office” you can be assured that we will handle your real estate legal mater with all of our professionalism, knowledge and skill.

If you are a Mortgage Lender, Bank or Financial institution looking for Settlement, Title, or Escrow services you can request additional information and special rates from our office.  In addition to receiving outstanding “customer service”, our clients are able to place orders by email, fax or overnight. If necessary due to time restraints or other issues (ie. Handicap), we will be happy to accommodate and close at your office or at the home of your client and/or customer.

If you are refinancing a current mortgage, for your home, investment or vacation property or if you are relocating from out-of-state, you will find information on this site about our services that may benefit you. If you have any unanswered questions please feel free to contact us.

If you are unable to find the information you are looking for or have questions, please call us at (601) 213-4165 OR 601-824-9862 or email us at [email protected] or [email protected].


Ogletree Law Firm, P.A. is an immigration law firm representing individuals and businesses around the U.S. with immigration attorneys who are dedicated to assisting clients in all aspects of U.S. immigration and nationality law. During a time where the U.S. government seems to be tightening immigration laws each passing day, the knowledge of immigration practitioners becomes of utmost importance in achieving the immigration results desired. Our firm’s forte is “thinking outside the box” when developing a case strategy to what may otherwise seem a hopeless situation. We pride ourselves in providing creative solutions when others have determined a case to be without any available legal relief. By assisting our clients in complex and difficult immigration matters, we have established a reputation as a firm which passionately strives to obtain superior results.
 We provide our legal services to major corporations as well as to individuals. Our areas of practice range from family-based visas to employment-based visas...

  • Corporate Compliance
  • Marriage/Employment Green Cards
  • Work Certification/Authorization
  • Visas and Entry
  • INS Custody Review
  • Removal Order Appeals
  • Bond Hearings




For more detailed information on our practice areas or to set up an appointment, please call us at (601) 213-4165 OR 601-824-9862 or email us at [email protected] or [email protected].

Si, Habla Español at 601-506-7391


Temporary U.S. Visas range from tourist for pleasure visas, work visas, to student visas. All visas are issued at U.S. Consulates abroad, but once an individual enters the U.S. with a visa, the visa status initially granted by the Immigration Service upon U.S. entry maybe extended or changed to another visa status without the Applicant having to leave the U.S.

Please contact Ogletree Law Firm, P.A. today so one of our experienced attorneys may assist you in deciding which temporary visa is right for you and your family.

B-1 Domestic Household Servant

B-1 and B2 Tourist for Business and Tourist for Pleasure

C-1/D-1: Alien in Transit / Crewman

E-1: Treaty Trader

F-1 / M-1

H-1B: Specialty Occupation - Professional Worker

H-3: Trainee

I: Journalist

J-1: Exchange Visitor

K-1/ K-3: Fiancé or Spouse of U.S. Citizens

L-1: Intracompany Transfer of Manager or Executive

O-1: Individuals of Extraordinary Ability

P-1: Athletes and Entertainment Groups

R-1: Religious Worker



B-1 Domestic Household Servant
Domestic Household Servants of some temporary visa holders and U.S. citizens may receive a B-1 work visa in order to accompany and work for their employer during the employer’s temporary stay in the U.S.

B-1 and B2 Tourist for Business and Tourist for Pleasure
An individual who is a temporary visitor for business or pleasure, but is not authorized to work in the U.S.  Stay in the U.S. is usually given initially from one month to 6 months and may be extended for an additional period.

C-1/D-1: Alien in Transit / Crewman
Travelers passing through the United States do not need to be trapped in the airport. The C-1 Visa, also known as the transit visa, enables traveling nonimmigrants to leave the airport and visit family or friends or partake in tourist or shopping ventures. While you are required to leave the U.S. on your departing flight, you are able to spend your waiting time enjoying your surroundings. Each family member should apply for a separate C-1 visa, which will enable the entire family eligible to travel through the U.S. The maximum length of a C visa is 29 days. Entering the US on a transit visa is not considered an official entry into the US.  C visa holders cannot change status in the US, except to that of an employee or official of a foreign government or international organization.  Aliens in transit cannot work and they cannot seek any extensions of stay. 
Please note that this visa category is most commonly used by crewman of vessels and aircrafts in order to be allowed to join their ships, dock and be allowed to temporarily remain the U.S.

E-1: Treaty Trader
An E-1 Treaty Trader is a foreign national who wishes to come to the U.S. to carry on substantial trade, principally between the U.S. and his or her own foreign country. The E-1 visa applicant must be a foreign national of a treaty trader designated country, as well as meet other specific criteria.
The E-1 Visa is granted for up to a five-year period and allows a stay of up to two years, however there is no limit to the total time the visa holder may remain in the U.S. and extend his or her E-1 visa, as long as he or she continues to fulfill all E-1 visa requirements. In addition, the spouse of an E-1 visa holder and dependent children are also granted E-1 visa status. Please contact Ogletree Law Firm, P.A. to inquire whether you qualify for an E-1 Treaty Trader Visa.


E-2: Treaty Investor
The Treaty Investor E-2 Visa is a non-immigrant visa that is also based on bilateral treaty agreements the U.S. has entered into with other countries. The E-2 Visa is issued to the foreign national of the treaty country on the basis that he or she is entering the U.S. for the sole purpose of developing and managing a business enterprise. The individual must be coming to the U.S to develop and direct the operations of a commercial enterprise in which he or she has invested, or is actively in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital.
There is no specific monetary figure requirement or an investment amount requirement; however, the E-2 Investor must have substantial capital to carry on the enterprise. 
Investment or capital is considered substantial if it is:

  • Substantial in the proportional sense, that is, in relationship to the total cost of either purchasing an established business or establishing the type of commercial enterprise being considered;
  • Sufficient to ensure the E-2 applicant's overall financial commitment to the successful operation of the enterprise; and
  • Must be of a level to allow the E-2 Investor success in developing and directing the enterprise.

Good to Know: E-2 treaty Investors cannot file their E-2 visa applications with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. They must submit their E-2 visa applications directly with the U.S. Consulate located in the corresponding treaty country.

F-1 / M-1
An F-1 visa is for students of an academic or language training program. The F-1 visa is valid for the duration of stay, which means when the study program is completed, or if studies are terminated, the F1 visa will cease to be valid.   The F1 visa allows an F-2 visa for spouses or children of the F-1 principal visa holder.
An M-1 visa is for students of vocational or other nonacademic programs of study. The M-1 may be given up to one year with one year extensions. M-2 is for spouses or children of the M-1 principal visa holder.
Upon completion of their individual course of study, and depending on certain circumstances, and F-1 or M-1 visa holder may be allowed to work via Optional Practical Training (OPT), which includes individual work authorization allowing the F1 or M1 visa holder employment for up to one year. Based on new regulations, and under certain circumstances, an F-1 student who has an H-1B petition pending with the Immigration Service, may extend their work authorization for additional time past the initial one year period allowed under OPT. Please contact Ogletree Law Firm, P.A. to see if you qualify for such an extension.

H-1B: Specialty Occupation  - Professional Worker
The H-1B visa category is available to individuals employed in the US in a "specialty occupation." A specialty occupation requires a bachelor's degree or higher in a specialized field of knowledge as a minimum for entry into the occupation. Some specialty occupations include but are not limited to: accounting, engineering, law, architecture, scientific research and many other job types.  
An H-1B visa requires a valid offer of employment from a U.S. employer, the employer must be willing to pay a “prevailing wage” as determined by the Department of Labor, the occupation must require a bachelor's degree or higher in a specialized field of knowledge as a minimum qualification and, the foreign national must have the required degree, or its foreign equivalent.
H-1B visas are valid for 3 years and may be extended to a total of 6 years. In certain circumstances, H-1B visa holders may extend their status beyond the 6 years.  For example, if the H1B visa holder is currently a beneficiary of an I-140 Petition for Immigrant Worker pending based on an offer of future employment, pursuant to an approved Labor Certification from the Department of Labor, the H1B may be extended for a 7th year. If the I-140 Petition for Immigrant Worker has been approved, than H-1B status may be extended for up to 3 additional years creating the possibility of 10 years of H1B status.
H-1B workers who lose their jobs must either find another employer to petition on their behalf, change to a different immigration status or return to their home country.  A spouse or unmarried child of a person with H-1B visa status may obtain an H-4 visa. Individuals with H-4 visa status cannot work in the United States, but may attend school. Under current law, there is an annual limit of 65,000 aliens who may be issued H-1B status but up to 20,000 additional H-1B slots are available to graduates of US masters degree (or higher) programs and there are some types of jobs that are exempt from the H-1B cap.  H1B visas become available upon the beginning of the fiscal year which is October 1 of the current year.

H-3: Trainee
The H-3 nonimmigrant visa category is designed to allow foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to receive training in many different activities.  Unlike the H-1B category, the H-3 is not a dual-intent visa, so the beneficiary cannot be pursuing concurrent avenues toward permanent residency.  The regulations allow for training in “any field of endeavor.”  The only sort of training that is specifically excluded is graduate medical training. Only about 3000 H-3 visas are issued each year. 
The training programs associated with an H3 Trainee visa must demonstrate that: (a) The training must not be available in the alien’s home country, (b) The alien must not be placed in a position which is part of the normal operation of business which would ordinarily be filled by a US worker, (c) The alien must not be productively employed unless such employment is “incidental and necessary” to the training, (d) the training must benefit the alien in pursuit of employment outside the US.
H3 Trainees are allowed to stay in the U.S. for a maximum of two years, but generally the visa is issued for the length of the training program. If the trainee remains in the country for a full two years, he/she must leave the U.S. for six months so as to obtain any new H visa. H3 spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 qualify for H-4 status under the same limitations as the principal H3 trainee. The H-4 visa holders do not authorize employment for the dependents.

I: Journalist

A representative of a foreign information media, including all press media, may obtain an I visa.  Spouse and children are allowed to accompany the principal visa holder.  The I visa allows admission for the duration of the qualifying employment, but does not allow the visa holder to change from one medium to another, or from changing employers, without requesting USCIS permission.

Good to Know: Free-lance media workers only qualify if they have professional journalistic credentials and are working under contract for an informational or cultural medium.

J-1: Exchange Visitor

The J-1 visa is designed to provide educational and cultural exchange programs, and was created in order to promote the sharing of individuals, knowledge and skills in education, arts and sciences between countries. This visa enables people to participate in exchange visitor programs in the U.S.  Eligible visa candidates include students, trainees involved in on-the-job training, teachers engaged in research and teaching, and international visitors interested in traveling, researching, consulting and demonstrating specific knowledge. Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 are granted accompanying status.
Good to Know:  A J-1 visa holder may be subject to a two-year foreign (home country) residence requirement. If subject to a two-year foreign residence requirement after completing the program, the J-1 visa holder may be eligible to apply for a waiver of said requirement.  Various waivers are available.

K-1/ K-3: Fiancé or Spouse of U.S. Citizens
A U.S. citizen may petition for a fiancé/fiancée via an application for K-1 visa. Please note that Lawful Permanent Residents may not file such applications. Upon entering the U.S. with a K-1 visa, the fiancé and U.S. citizen must marry within 90 days and the K1 visa holder must apply for lawful permanent residence.
Good to Know: If the marriage does take place within the 90 days after U.S. entry, the K-1 visa holder, and accompanying children, must depart the U.S.
A K-3 visa is for spouses of U.S. citizens who are outside the U.S. waiting for their family-based petition to be approved.  The visa is valid for 2 years initially and may be extended until the visa applicant is eligible to apply for adjustment of status to that of lawful permanent residence.

L-1: Intracompany Transfer of Manager or Executive
A foreign company who has a U.S. subsidiary, affiliate, branch or other qualifying relationship, may transfer an employee to the U.S. for purposes of working at its U.S. office.  The L-1 visa only allows intra-company transfer of employees involved in executive, managerial or specialized knowledge roles.    
The L-1 visa holder must have worked at the foreign company for at least one consecutive year, in the last three years before entering the U.S., and in an executive or management position.  The L-1 Visa is given for a maximum duration of seven years. The spouse and children (single and under 21 years of age) of the applicant also qualify for this type of Visa. The L-2 spouse may apply for Employment Authorization, but children are not eligible for work authorization.

O-1: Individuals of Extraordinary Ability
The O-1 visa is a temporary work visa available to foreign nationals who have “extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics” which “has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim.” It is also available to those in motion pictures and television who can demonstrate a record of “extraordinary achievement.” Most fields of artistic endeavors are included in USCIS’s broad interpretation of the statute. The individual must be coming to the US to work in their field. The initial period of stay can be approved for up to a period of three years but may be extended in one-year increments for an indefinite period of time. Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 may join the applicant in the U.S. under O-3 status, where they may not work, but they may attend school.
Please note that an O-2 classification only applies to an accompanying foreign national who is coming temporarily to the U.S. solely to assist in the artistic or athletic performance by an O-1 visa holder. The O-2 applicant must be an integral part of the actual performances or events and possess essential or critical skills and experience with the O-1 visa holder that are not of a general nature and which are not possessed by other individual. In the case of a motion picture or television production, the O-2 applicant must have skills and experience with the O-1 principal which are not of a general nature and which are critical, either based on a pre-existing and working relationship or, if in connection with a specific production only, because a significant portion of the pre-production through post-production will take place both inside and outside the U.S. and the continuing participation of the O-2 applicant is essential to the overall completion of the production.

Good to Know: A U.S. agent may file an O-1 petition in cases involving workers who are traditionally self-employed or workers who use agents to arrange short-term employment on their behalf with numerous employers, and in cases where a foreign employer authorizes the agent to act in its behalf. A U.S. agent may be: The actual employer of the beneficiary, the representative of both the employer and the beneficiary; or, a person or entity authorized by the employer to act for, or in place of, the employer as its agent. Some individuals that may fall into this category include but are not limited to: Actors, Entertainers, Musicians, and Authors.

P-1: Athletes and Entertainment Groups
P-1 visas are issued to music or entertainment groups and individual athletes who wish to work temporarily in the U.S. Outstanding athletes may apply for this visa in order to compete in the U.S., either as individuals, or as members of an internationally recognized athletic team. Entertainment groups with an international reputation can be granted P-1 classification as a group to perform in the U.S. P-1 visas can also be granted to essential support personnel of P-1 applicants. Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 are permitted to accompany the P-1 visa holder under P-4 status, even though they may not work, they may attend school or college.
The initial period for an individual athlete is up to 5 years and additional increments of up to 5 years but the total stay is limited to 10 years. Athletic groups and entertainment groups are initially granted up to 1 year and additions can be made in increments of 1 year.

R-1: Religious Worker
The R1 Visa enables religious workers to temporarily enter the United States. A religious vocation is defined as a calling to religious life, shown by a demonstration of a lifelong commitment or as a continual engagement in an activity related to a traditional religious function. This definition includes liturgical workers, religious instructors or cantors, catechists, workers in religious hospitals, missionaries, religious translators and religious broadcasters. However, it doesn't include janitors, maintenance workers, clerks, fund raisers or solicitors of donations. Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may be granted derivative status (as R-2) to enter the U.S. They are not authorized to work unless they have their own work visas, but may attend school. The maximum stay in R-1 status is 5 years.  A person can obtain R-1 status again after remaining outside the US for one year before making another application.

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) of 1993 created the TN professional visa for Canadian and Mexican nationals.  The TN Visa allows qualifying Canadian and Mexican citizens to temporarily work in U.S. in a NAFTA-approved professional occupation under certain conditions. TN status may be renewed annually, as long as the applicant can demonstrate that the proposed employment continues to be temporary. A spouse or child of TN visa holder is issued a TD visa, and may not work, but are allowed to attend school.


Auto Accident, Car Accident Attorneys, Personal Injury Attorneys

Auto Accidents are responsible for over 3 million injuries a year.

Unfortunately, Auto Accidents are extremely common as drivers are becoming more distracted and paying less attention while driving an automobile. This can have serious effects on victims, leaving some seriously injured or permanently hurt and financially devastated.

If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident, our firm can help. Each car accident case will not only be handled by an experienced attorney, but also by a full staff of secretaries, and paralegals. You will receive the highest quality legal representation for your case. Do you feel you have suffered injuries during a car accident? For more detailed information on our practice areas or to set up an appointment, please call us at (601) 213-4165 OR 601-824-9862 or email us at [email protected].

Contact an Attorney immediately







Family Law & Divorce

At Ogletree Law Firm, P.A., our experienced family law attorneys recognize that domestic troubles can be extremely emotionally and financially taxing on families. We are ready and willing to meet with you and provide you with the information that you need to address your specific domestic issue, and strategize about how you can meet your goal as amicably and cost effectively as possible. We provide quality legal services in a wide variety of family law areas, including:










If you have a family law issue that is not specifically mentioned on our website, it does not mean that we cannot assist you. For more detailed information on our practice areas or to set up an appointment, please call us at (601) 213-4165 OR 601-824-9862 or email us at [email protected]





Through the years, the Ogletree Law Firm has represented Clients ranging from some of the region's largest corporations to "mom and pop" businesses in virtually all types of legal matters. We have substantial experience counseling businesses and individuals on matters including:

  • Compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations
  • Employee handbooks, policies, and seminars for employers covering sexual harassment and discrimination  
  • Business succession planning
  • Business and employment contracts
  • Contract review and complex negotiations related to:
    • commercial lending
    • real estate and equipment leasing
    • technology licensing and transfers
    • the purchase and sale of businesses
    • employment issues and other contractual arrangements  
    • shareholder agreements
    • voting structures and corporate governance

The form of entity selected for conducting a business greatly impacts the daily operations of that business and the tax consequences to both the business and its owners. We help clients review their goals to recommend the best entity, selecting from:

  • Sole Proprietorships
  • General Partnerships
  • Limited Partnerships
  • Limited Liability Companies
  • Subchapter S And C Corporations
  • Not For Profit Corporations

We also handle corporate litigation, including:

  • Director, stockholder and partner disputes
  • Defense of directors and officers in various types of legal proceedings
  • Fiduciary duties
  • Minority stockholder rights
  • Franchisor / Franchisee disagreements
  • Contract disputes
  • Debt collection and restructuring
  • Fraud and misrepresentation

If you have a Corporate law issue that is not specifically mentioned on our website, it does not mean that we cannot assist you. For more detailed information on our practice areas or to set up an appointment, please call us at (601) 213-4165 OR 601-824-9862 or email us at [email protected]

Web Hosting Companies